Some useful articles on NUST NET preparation 2016.

National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) administers NUST Entry Test (NET) for admission into engineering colleges. The test is very competitive and thousands of students appear for MCQ based NUST Entry Test (NET) every year. NUST Entry Test (NET) 2016 is a computer based test with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Intelligence MCQs for engineering faculties. 

Pakprep.com is the best online source for NUST Entry test (NET) 2016 preparation. The custom developed coursework has the 15,000 plus fully explained MCQs of Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and English with same difficulty level as they appear in NUST NET. Many students used Pakprep.com for NUST NET 2015 and got admission in NUST in the faculty of their choice.

How I prepared for NUST Entry Test?

I was quite ignorant at that time, I must admit. I was adamant on getting admission in ‘Electrical Engineering.’ So I followed the suite and not only, got admitted in ‘a renowned academy‘ well before my exams were finished but also, dragged a few friends with me.

I had an apprehension what I might be facing but still I was quite astonished when I entered the ‘classroom’ first day. It was a small room crowded with over 200 students. It was the month of July and the three air conditioners seem to have given up against the raising temperature. However, it was the same atmosphere I were to bear for 3 months if I needed to prepare for the test from ‘the academy.’
Before I was out from the shock a teacher walked in and started delivering lecture. I don’t know till this day what was his motive, but he was speaking in such a whispering tone that only those who were sitting in the front rows were able to hear. So instead of listening I started counting the rows and after three tries of counting I was able to determine that I was sitting in 21st row.
After a few days, when I was able to catch up what was being taught, we were informed that we would be having ‘tests.’ Although I have given up the high hopes but still I was expecting some sort of standard in ‘tests.’Alas! to my dismay, in that crowded sitting arrangement we were handed the questions and asked to solve. With these instructions, the guy; who was distributing the tests, disappeared.
CRAAASSHHHH!!! BANGGG!!!
Most of the Students were feeling relieved and fanning themselves from the question sheets. Some ‘theetas’ were trying to focus on the questions and were working hard on blocking the ‘envoirnmetal effects’ rather than the test. Majority of students relied on the end-of-test-disscussions by the teacher and did not bother to pay any attention to the test.
I tried to cope with this for some days but when it did not get any better I voted for french-leave (literally). I packed my luggage and left for 1 week family trip. “That’s all of an academy for me!”
After having some peace of mind, I jumped again in what you call ‘Entry Tests.’ Now I tried to have a look at the textbooks (I appeared in FSc exams from Lahore Board). I was most worried about English, because I have been terrorized that NUST Entrance Test (NET) has a ‘deadly’ English section. I obtained a SAT book and tired cramming the word bank but got bored after‘Abrogate.’
“This was pretty lame,” I thought, “There should be a more intersting way if not an easy one.” So I resorted to reading the daily newspaper and magzines and novels. (Its far more interesting than studying the dry textbooks for umpteemth time.)
Glad with my success, I tried to find an intersting way for the remaining sections; maths, physics and chemistry. I recalled how our teacher used to train us for the objective part of FSc papers. With a little help from my teachers, I procured a lot many objective guide for these subjects. Then I found a wall clock (wrist watches are sometimes not allowed in Entry tests). Having all these I locked myself in the room and approximating 50 secs for every question, I tried to solve them all. Chapter by chapter I progressed, by the time I was at half -book papers, I had mastered accuracy.
Well, there were certain things that were taught to me by numerous sources . I must admit I would not be able to learn them by conventional sources. Most notorious of them was guessing the wrong answers out. I also learned the subtle techinque of taking hints from other questions.
Last but not the least I learned ‘how to gamble’. If I am in NUST today, it is due to this ‘gambling,’ I have been preaching this practice for past 2 years and with tremendous results :)
First attempt those questions you are 100% sure about. Roughly make an estimate how many of these you have attempted. based on the assumption of 1/4 negative marking (if there is negative marking, it used to be in our times), calculate the maximum points you can salvage, lets say you decided to salvage 4 points and for 1/4 negative marking you get 4×4 = 20 questions. Now for these 20 questions, solve those, about which you are 90% 0r 80% sure.
Now, if I am asked to sum it all:
  1. It is good to join an academy, but at your own risk.
  2. You need peace of mind for preparation.
  3. You should have a clear aim where you are heading and prepare accordingly.
  4. There are other shrewd techniques, you need to learn before you appear for the test (For that you may join academy).

What to do the night before NUST Entrance Test?

The question is big; the answer, huge. I remember what I did the night before the entry test; I saw two movies. And well, my merit number, trust me, you don’t want to know. That is exactly the reason why I would advise you not to watch two movies before the precious hours of your life that will literally determine your future.
Do not, in any case think about picking up your books and “preparing” for the test. If you do that, I assure you, you will only end up ruining it (test). The topics covered in the test are humungous; impossible to revise (in case you are not superman). Your parents, elder brothers, sisters; basically everyone would advise you to be superman, but deep down inside, you know that you are not. You also know that these people (your family) are the best thing that ever happened to you. They have shown you the light when all torches ceased to exist, and at this point you are probably (I mean should be) thinking that I am being a little offensive when I ask you not to listen to the people that matter to you. Honestly, if I were you, I would have pulled you out of my computer screen, and beaten you up so bad that you would never consider writing another piece. But then again, I saw two movies, so I guess I should forgive you.
Tension is the last thing you want. Maybe you are the geek who looks at the world through ink, or maybe you are that person who considers technology (in this case the internet), as the best thing that ever happened to humanity when It comes to gaining information regarding preparation. You know, maybe you need to enjoy life a little more before your big day, maybe you are too old to be appearing for the test. Now, why I say that? The first thing you need to know about any entry test anywhere around the globe, is, that it is known as an aptitude*test. You cannot prepare for it, at least not the night before, no matter how hard you try. It is designed to make sure that only those who have paid attention at school for the past ten to twelve years are the only ones who get the top spot. And it’s not just the school, it’s about the will to achieve the greatest life has to offer, the will to be the best. If you don’t want the top spot, go try for admission someplace else, you will not get in.
You need to be relaxed, have a good night’s sleep. Do something you enjoy doing the most, maybe it’s the news, or that last novel by Dan Brown, or the newest Ferrari, or simply watching Maria Sharapova playing that awesome forehand… ah well, you get the picture (I’m sorry, I can’t help the girls getting bored here; maybe you can suggest a few things in the comments section). Anyway, I asked you not to watch two movies because you can watch three but only if it offers relaxation, do not stress yourself in anyway. All you need is belief in yourself.
Be sure what you want from life, I you want to work on a question the night before, here is the only question you should be worried about; “Is NUST really what you want?”, If the answer to that question is yes, trust me, you are going to get through.
I’m sorry if anything offended anyone. Its just free advice anyway, kind of what Amir Khan was good at giving in the famous three idiots (though I’m not even close to their standards); you can take it, or reject it entirely. Whatever you do, do not end up somewhere in between. Just for a moment, look at life as black and white, there is no grey when it comes to your future, especially when you want to be a part of NUST.
I don’t think I need to tell anyone that I am not a nerd. I am just a regular guy with regular thoughts who regularly happened to be a part of this prestigious institute. And just to boast about myself a bit (which is to obviously convince you about my point of view), I was appointed as the NUST Student Representative (NSR) by the college administration in 2010 (so please do not regard this as complete stupidity). The choices you make will determine what you become; choose wisely. That is all I have to say.

Share:

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

Blogger templates